Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back in Camden... for three more weeks

Hey, folks!

So, now that I’ve finally taken my time off from work and then returned to my JVC home, I’m finally realizing that my time in JVC is beginning to wind down. I only have seventeen workdays left at Northgate II, (On a related note, if you get a few drinks into me after I move home for good, I’m sure that I’ll spill a lot of what appears to have happened while I was on vacation. Until then, I’ll keep my mouth closed.), twenty-two days left in Camden, and twenty-nine days left until I go home for good. It feels pretty surreal.

Then again, having seen how much all the babies back home have grown, how many lives have changed (especially the lives of my friends who have gotten or are getting married this summer!), and just the reality of the fact that my friends and I are now more than year removed from college graduation is hitting me.

So all this means that I have a pretty limited amount of time left to do things around here! I need to head up to NYC once more to visit my good friend, Jon Medina. I might hit DC one more time to visit my brother. But the thing is, I’m running out of weekends! As a community, we have a lot of things planned for our last three (!) weekends here. So if I don’t head north this weekend, I might not make it, period! It is so strange to realize that I really only have SIX free days left on this coast before I pack up and schlep back to Seattle!

Love to you all, talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Megan and Jeff Vogel said...

Will you be home by 8/21? If so, and if you are free, we'd love for you to come to our big party/concert at our house. Have a good last few weeks in Camden.

-M

Anonymous said...

Paper chain! Make a paper chain!!