Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Much-delayed, long-awaited... HIKE PHOTOS!!!

It is worth pointing out that I did not take a single picture from August 2009 until August 2010 (post hike) because EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME was taking so many pictures that I didn't have to worry about it. I give all my photo credits to: Miss Rachelle Arciaga, Miss Katie Tsubota, Miss Karen Olinchak, and Miss Amber Rose Yakkel.. :)


Sprawling view of the Appalachian Mountains. And guess what?!? We hiked through part of that!
The four ladies of Camdilly who wound up in my group. (Team Realistic Expectations)
This was when we realized we had to go straight up a rock face to get where we were going. It looked a lot steeper from down below.
Like I said, it was steep!
Finding clearings like this one was pretty rare. The view of the Appalachians (pictured above) was to our left in that field.














Looking oh-so Pacific Northwestern in my forest green rain poncho and canvas backpack. 


The bag in my right hand was the potty bag. That's right, I suffered the indignity of carrying the trowel and toilet paper for the first shift. (Then again, maybe that was a smart move... more hygienic that way...). I'm just kidding. We carried it in shifts.




Pretending to fall into the creek. An hour later, I fell for real.


Hi-ho, hi-ho! It's off to Southern PA, we go!

Me, trekking along.

Lunch on the first day.

Lunch on the second day.

The terrain on the second day was pretty rocky.

Me and Katie Tsubota, my sister of another mother.

Miss Brenda German, of JVC Boston. Brenda was such a trooper along the trail.

This was the campsite we slept in after the first day of hiking. You can see my elbow, and trust me when I tell you it was a lot more swollen than this picture shows! That's a tube of Icy Hot in my hand, and this was snapped just seconds after I rubbed it all over my elbow, hoping it would soothe the pain. Seconds after the photo was taken, I read on the label that Icy Hot shouldn't be applied to open wounds, and I rushed to the nearest faucet to clean it. Whoops.
We wanted to prove to our granchildren that, yes, we did once hike on the Appalachian Trail.

This was the entire group of hikers, marching along Buena Vista Road to the retreat center. We finally made it!

JVC East, 2009-2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am pooped just LOOKING at these! Pretty, but lots of work. Cool pictures! Proud of the whole crew... Mom